Hot Pot Meal (一品窩 – Yut Bun Wor)
- 1/2 lb lean pork, sliced (e.g. ‘lau mui’ = pork tenderloin… long piece of pork)
- 1 Taiwan bok choy (like a long cabbage) – could be any kind of cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1lb fish balls or beef balls
- Any leftover meat (e.g. pork chops), or pig skin, or dou pok
- 1 bunch vermicelli (fun see), soaked 10min
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp (ha mai), soaked 5-10min; or 2 dried scallops (gon yiu chu), soaked 2-3 hrs
- 3-4 bricks tofu
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 tsp cooking wine
- few slices of ginger
- In a large pot, pour in chicken broth and add 1L water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove the pot and on the same stovetop, heat up the wok, pour in oil; when hot, quickly fry the ginger (‘bao’ ginger). Add in dried shrimp and cooking oil. Stir.
- Add in cabbage and stir until 1/2 cooked
- Put wok aside and put pot back on stove top. Dump cabbage mixture into pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in tofu. Bring to a boil.
- Add in fish balls. Bring to a boil.
- Add in pig skin, dou pok, or left over meat. Bring to a boil.
- Add in pork. Bring to a boil.
- Add in vermicelli. Bring to a boil.