Lemongrass Pork Chops
- 1lb pork chops (~5 slices)
- 2 sticks lemon grass (remove hard outer layer), finely chopped
- fish sauce (yue lo)
- sugar & white pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
- Pound pork chops to tenderize
- Coat with white pepper, small amount of sugar, and lemon grass
- Marinate overnight (or at least 4 hours)
- Put wok on stovetop and turn up the heat. Once the wok is hot, put oil in.
- Cook (boon jeen ja) on medium heat (with enough oil to submerge the pork chops 1/4-1/2 of the way) (~3 pork chops/wok)
- If pork chops are thick, then brown them on both sides then bake in oven at 375F until done (~10min).
- After one round, scrape off the burnt lemongrass in the wok but keeping the oil. Then do round 2.
- When the oil gets too dark after round 2, turn off the heat, pour bucket of water into the wok, then scrape bits with ‘wok chan’ and scrub wok in the sink with ‘bau yu chat’. Then begin round 3.