Steamed Pork with Pickled Plum (梅子蒸排骨 – Mui Jee Jing Pai Gwut)
- 1lb pork ribs (~2 strips of pai gwut), chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp black beans (black dau see), minced
- 2 pickled plums (mui jee)
- 1 tsp soya bean paste (yune see jeung, i.e. meen see jeung)
- Wash and cut off fat from ribs as much as possible. Place in a large plate.
- Season with 2 rounds soya sauce, sprinkle sugar, some white pepper. Mix. Add 2 tsp corn starch. Mix. Add 2 tsp oil. Mix.
- Put the pickled plums on the side of the plate, mash with spoon, then mix with ribs.
- Add in soya bean paste and minced black beans. Mix.
- Spread ribs evenly on plate.
- Steam in wok on low heat (~level 4) for 15min. Stir and mix. Then steam for another 4min.