Dried Beancurd and Ginkgo Nuts Dessert (白果腐竹雞蛋糖水)
- 1 bag of dried beancurd sheets (腐竹 – fu juk)
- 1 bag of ginkgo nuts (20-25) (found in fridge of supermarket, vacuum sealed)
- 1 big chunk of rock sugar (bing tong), to taste
- 2-3 eggs
- Scrunch up the dried beancurd into small flakes while still in the bag.
- Fill large pot with 3L cold water and add in the beancurd. Soak for 5min, then turn up the heat to boil.
- Add in the rock sugar. Boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for ~10min until the beancurd is softened (poorer quality beancurd will take longer to soften). Stir occasionally, standing by the stove so it doesn’t boil over.
- Once beancurd is mostly softened, add in the ginkgo nuts. Boil.
- Scramble the eggs in a separate bowl and slowly pour it into the pot while stirring. Boil.