- 1 bag of frozen clams (~1lb)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, diced
- 1-2 cans chicken stock
- 3-4 slices ginger
- 2 stalks green onion, roughly chopped into large pieces
- 1 knob butter
- Milk or cream
- Boil water in a kettle.
- In a large pot, add in the butter and sautee the onions with some black pepper until soft. Then add in all the other veggies and sautee a little bit as well. Add in 4L boiled water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for ~1/2hr.
- Near the end of simmering the soup, in a medium pot, boil enough water with the ginger and green onion to cover the clams.Then add in the clams and very quickly pre-boil it (~10sec). Drain and transfer to the pot of soup (without the ginger and green onion) when the soup is done.
- Turn up the heat and the soup is done when it comes to a boil again.
- Slowly stir in milk/cream until creamy.
- You may also garnish with bacon bits after ladling soup into bowls