Cream of Mushroom Soup (蘑菇湯 – Mor goo tong)
- 2lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 knob butter
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1.5L water
- 500mL chicken stock
- Milk or cream
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, melt the butter and sautee the onion until soft. Add in the mushrooms and sautee until soft. While sauteeing, add ~1/4-1/2 tsp black pepper. Add in the flour and stir.
- Add the water and chicken stock. Boil then turn down the heat and simmer for ~45min.
- Add in the milk until creamy / turns whitish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.