Onion Soup (洋蔥湯 – Yeung chung tong)
- 3 white onions, sliced
- 500mL beef broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- Croutons (refer to below recipe)
- Mozzarella or Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1.5L water
- In a large pot, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil and sautee the onions until soft. Add ~1/2tsp black pepper while sauteeing. Add the flour and stir.
- Add in the water and beef broth. Bring it to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for ~45min.
- Add salt to taste. Ladle soup into bowls and add mozzarella and croutons to taste.
- Cut up 2 slices of bread into cubes and spread onto baking sheet.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle of dried parsley. Mix.