A-Choy with Fermented Beancurd and Chilli (腐乳椒絲A莱 – Fu Yu Jiu See A-Choy)
- 3 blocks of bean curd (“fu yue”), mashed in a small deeper dish
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 bag of A-choy (OR tung choy, OR tong san choy/western lettuce)
- Pinch of dry chilli flakes (or fresh chilli, chopped)
- Heat up a wok then add 2 splashes of oil.
- Fry the garlic then add the beancurd and stir a bit.
- Add the veggies and stirfry. If it’s too bulky, you can stir a bit first then cover early to let it wilt somewhat. You won’t need to cover again for A-choy.
- Add in a pinch of dry chilli flakes when it’s almost done and stir.
- Scoop up the veggies and sauce into a dish.