Steamed Pork Neck with Preserve Mustard (梅菜蒸豬頸肉 – Mui Choy Jing Ju Gang Yuk)
- 1 medium preserve mustard, chopped (refer to directions)
- 1lb pork neck, thinly sliced
- 3 slices ginger, julienned
- Soak the preserve mustard for 15min to get rid of the saltiness and dirt.
- In the meantime, slice the pork neck. Marinate as usual (refer to usual Chinese marinade post – soy sauce, sprinkle sugar, white pepper, sesame oil… mix… corn starch… mix… oil…mix) in a deep dish.
- Dump out the water from the preserve mustard. Then refill with water and wash, spreading out the leaves, 2-3 times, until all the sand is gone. Wring it to dry. Then chop into small pieces.
- Heat up a pan (no oil), and put in the veggies, stirring it to dry. When dry, sprinkle ~1tsp sugar, and stir. Then add ~1tsp oil and stir. Scoop out and spread evenly on top of the pork.
- Steam the pork for 12min then stir, and steam for another 3min, or until done
- 15min because pork neck is thin and no bones (instead of the usual 20min)