Fried Eggs with Shrimp (蝦仁炒蛋 – Ha Yun Chau Dan)
- 6 eggs, beaten with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp cooked oil (sook yau)
- 1 pack small to medium shrimps (~1/2lb)
- 2 sprigs of green onion, chopped (optional)
- Defrost the shrimp and rinse off the ice and drain. Coat with 1/2tsp salt (to “yeep”) to marinate and to make it crispier for 5min. Rinse off the salt (to take off the “san”/slime) and drain. Then coat with sprinkle white pepper.
- Heat up 1tbsp oil in the wok and stirfry the shrimp on high heat until it turns pink and curled.
- Turn down the heat and transfer the shrimp and green onions into the bowl of eggs, and mix.
- Turn up the heat to low-medium (~level 4) and add some oil. Pour the egg mixture into the wok.
- Wait until the bottom has browned a bit, then flip the eggs/shrimp a spatula-full at a time. You may do this again after a while to let all the eggs cook.