Chrysanthemum Tea (菊花茶 – Kook Fa Cha)
- 1 handful dried chrysanthemum (or if packed in a disc, then 2″X2″ block) (菊花)
- Rock sugar or Chinese brown sugar
- In a medium pot, boil 2L of water.
- Add in the sugar until dissolved.
- Add in the chrysanthemum and bring to a boil. Then stir to separate the flowers. Let it continue boiling for 1min then turn off the heat. Let it stand on the stovetop for 5min.
- Can be served hot or cold, but I prefer cold.
- Removing heatiness (“yee hay”), cooling the body, summer