Ha Foo Cho (Spica Prunellae) Herbal Drink (夏枯草)
- 2 handfuls Spica Prunellae (dried) – “ha fu cho” (夏枯草)
- 10 slices Licorice root (dried) – “gum cho” (甘草)
- 1 small stick American ginseng – “fa kay sum” (花旗參)
- rock sugar or Chinese brown sugar
- Wash all the ingredients in cold water, separately, rinsing twice.
- In a clay pot, add 3L water and bring to a boil.
- Then add in all the herbs and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 1 hr on low heat.
- At the end, add rock sugar (“bing tong”) or Chinese brown sugar (“peen tong”) to taste.
- Can be served cold or hot, but I prefer cold
Makes ~8 -10 cups.
- Cooling the body, clearing heatiness (yeet hay), acne, cold sores, summer