Green Mung Bean Sweet Soup Dessert (綠豆沙 – luk dau sa)
- 1/2lb (200g) mung beans (綠豆), washed
- 6 sprigs stinky grass (臭草) (optional) OR
- a few sprigs seaweed (“hoi dai”), washed and soaked for 10min (optional)
- Rock sugar
- Boil 2L water in a medium pot.
- Add in the mung beans and bring to a boil. Let it simmer for 1hr for a more beany consistency. Simmer for longer (~1.5hrs) for a thicker consistency.
- At the end about 15min before it’s ready, add rock sugar, to taste. You may add the stinky grass and seaweed at this time, if using.