Steamed Pork with Shrimp Paste (蝦醬蒸豬肉 – Ha jeung jing ju yuk)
- 1lb pork (e.g. lean pork, pork neck meat, pork belly), sliced
- 2tbsp shrimp paste
- 1tbsp garlic, minced
- 2tsp ginger, thinly julienned
- In a rimmed dish for steaming, marinate pork with soya sauce (reduce the amount as shrimp paste is salty), sprinkle sugar, white pepper, and cornstarch
- Heat up a pan and add 1tbsp oil. Turn down to low heat and add garlic and shrimp paste, stirring quickly to mix for 1min.
- Scoop up the cooked shrimp paste and add to the pork (you may use some water to get the bits stuck to the pan). Mix well and spread pork evenly on the plate.
- Sprinkle the ginger on top.
- Steam on low heat (~level 4) for 15min or until done.
- Skim off the fat and serve.