Roasted Kabocha Squash Soup
- 1 medium kabocha squash, seeds scooped out and cut into wedges, or just cut in half (easiest to cut out the top and bottom first)
- 2 medium carrots (or an apple, or omit entirely), cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 400mL chicken stock
- 1-2L water
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Place the squash on a baking sheet and brush the squash with olive oil all around. Roast for 30min.
- Take the squash out of the oven and let cool until able to handle.
- Cut off the skin (or if you roasted with it in halves, scoop the flesh out with a spoon).
- In a large pot, add a lug of olive oil and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add in the carrots and squash and mix.
- Add the chicken stock and enough water to cover the veggies. Bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and let it simmer for ~5-10min until the carrots are soft.
- Turn off the heat and blend with an immersion blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.