Baby Portobello Broccoli Quiche
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into florets (~2 cups)
- 1 baby portobello mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 frozen pie crust (9 inch deep crust)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, and salt and pepper to taste, in a medium bowl.
- Heat the butter in a pan on low-medium heat.
- Add in the onions and cook until soft. Then add the garlic, cooking until fragrant. Add in the broccoli and cook, adding water as needed. Lastly add the portobello mushrooms and cook briefly.
- Transfer the veggies into the pie crust, being careful not to pour in any of the remaining water.
- Evenly distribute the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 50 min until firm and golden on top.
*I had actually used 5 eggs, and baked at 350F but was left with too much egg mixture and had to increase the time to 60 min, so I’ve adjusted the measurements here. I also baked it on the lower rack under another pan roasting other veggies as I didn’t want it to get dark too soon. I forgot to move it up until the last 10min or so, so my top isn’t that golden. Oh well!