Baked Pork Spareribs
Adapted from All Recipes. I found that I had too much marinade left over from this recipe, so I would decrease the marinade next time as below.
- 2lb pork spareribs
- 1.5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- Rinse spareribs and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large shallow rimmed dish, mix all the ingredients together. Cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Bring the ribs out of the fridge and let it sit for 30min to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a rack on top. Place the ribs on the rack.
- Bake at 375F for 20min. Brush the marinade on the ribs again, then bake at 350F for 30min.
- You can adjust the baking time based on the thickness of your ribs. If it’s relatively thin, you may want to bake it for less time at 400F. If it’s thick, you may want to bake it for longer at 350F to make 1hr total, covering it with aluminum foil halfway so that it doesn’t get too dry.
- Today’s ribs were good, but I might try Christine’s advice next time to get more saucy/juicy ribs: mixing water into the marinade if using American ribs, baking with ceramic/glass/stoneware, pouring all the marinade over the ribs (and not using a rack), and covering with foil.