Baked Lemon Oregano Chicken Drumsticks
Adapted from LilyAnette
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp corn starch (make a cornstarch mixture with ~2tbsp water)
- In a food processor, pulse the ginger and garlic until minced (or mince by hand).
- Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken with the ginger, garlic, oregano, salt, white pepper, and juice of 1 lemon. Mix well and let it marinate covered for 2hrs in the fridge.
- Bring out the chicken ~15-20min before you want to start baking to let it come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Make an aluminum foil basket on a baking sheet and place drumsticks in it. Pour the marinade on top. Cover with another sheet of foil.
- Bake for 20min at 375F. Then uncover the foil, turn the drumsticks, scoop some sauce on top, and put it back in to bake uncovered for another 20min at 375F.
- Transfer the drumsticks onto a rimmed plate, and pour the sauce into a small saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil, stir in the cornstarch mixture, and when it comes back to a boil, it’s done. Pour the thickened sauce over the drumsticks.