Quick Boil Chinese Mustard Greens Soup (滾芥菜湯 – Gwun Gai Choi Tong)
- 1/2 lb lean pork, thinly sliced
- Chinese mustard greens (enough to fill the pot), chopped
- 2 raw salted eggs
- 3 slices ginger
- Boil a large pot of water with the ginger.
- In the meantime, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Cut up the egg yolks into small pieces.
- When the water has boiled, add the pork and let it continue to cook for ~5-10min.
- Add in the mustard greens, bring to a boil, and allow it to continue simmering for another 10min.
- Add in the egg yolks.
- Pour in the egg white as you stir the pot of soup with chopsticks in order to break it up.
- Serve the soup with a few pieces of veggies in each bowl. You can scoop up the rest of the veggies to serve as a vegetable dish.
- Chinese mustard greens are considered a cooling food, which is why ginger is added to help neutralize it.