Roasted chicken and bean soup
Great way to use up leftover roasted chicken! See previous post for that recipe!
- Carcass of leftover roasted chicken
- 2 cups leftover chicken white meat, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large celery stalk, fibers removed and diced (just pick from one end and pull the celery string to the other end)
- 1 tomato, diced into big pieces
- 1 (15oz) can tri-bean blend (includes organic dark red kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans)
- Few dashes of thyme
- Few dashes of rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2.5L water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large pot and add a lug of olive oil.
- Sautee the onions until translucent, and the garlic until fragrant. Add in the thyme and rosemary and sautee until fragrant.
- Add 2.5L of water and bring to a boil.
- Add in the chicken carcass, and water if necessary to just cover the carcass. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the carrots and celery, bring to a boil. Turn down to medium heat and let it continue on a roiling boil for 15min.
- Add in the tomatoes and beans, boil, and turn down to medium heat again for another 10min.
- Take out the chicken carcass, pick off any meat left on the bones, and return them to the pot. Discard the carcass.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.