Potato Salad (薯仔沙律 – Su jai sa lut)
- 5-6 gold potatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring enough water to a boil to cover the potatoes and eggs.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, bring a small amount of water to a boil, add in the carrots and cook until soft, ~5min. Scoop up and set aside.
- Once boiling, add in the potatoes and eggs and bring it back to a boil. Then turn down to medium high heat to cook at a gentle roil for 10 min. Scoop up the eggs and peel the egg shells when cool enough to handle.
- Continue boiling the potatoes until it is soft enough that you can easily poke a chopstick through. Scoop it up. In a large bowl, peel and mash the potatoes with a wooden spoon and let it continue to cool.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk. Dice the egg whites. Mash the yolks and mix with the mayonnaise.
- When the potatoes are cool, add everything in with the potatoes, including salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve.