Fried Eggs with Chives (韭菜炒蛋 – gau choy chau dan)
With the leftover chives I had from making the chive dumplings, I put the rest in these fried eggs.
- 1/4 bunch chives, finely chopped (discard the ~1″ stalky end)
- 5 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Scramble the eggs with salt. Add in the chives and mix.
- Heat up a cast iron pan on medium heat. When hot, add a lug of oil and spread evenly.
- When oil is hot, add in the egg mixture and spread the chives evenly.
- Cook until the eggs are ~80% done. Fold it in half and let it continue to cook until the insides are cooked and the outside is a golden brown. Flip once or twice to cook both sides. Cut into a presentable size and serve.