Curry Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 yellow sweet potato, peeled and chopped into big pieces
- 1 orange sweet potato, peeled and chopped into big pieces
- 4 small carrots, peeled and chopped into big pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2.5 heaped tsp curry powder
- 1 13.5oz can coconut milk
- Chicken broth (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Boil the drumsticks in a pot for 5-7min until it is 75% cooked. Then scoop up and rinse twice to remove impurities. Set aside.
- In a large pot, saute the onions on medium high heat then add in the curry powder and stir until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add in the carrots, sweet potatoes, and drumsticks. After it boils again, turn the heat down and let it simmer for ~10-15min until the vegetables are soft and the drumsticks are cooked.
- Add salt to taste.
- The optional chicken broth is if you like the curry less thick and rich, or if there’s not enough liquid to cover all the ingredients in the pot.
- This is very flexible. You can use most any meat or fish or vegetables. You’ll just have to tinker with when you add them in.