Braised Mushroom and Napa Cabbage with Chicken
- 1lb chicken breast, sliced
- 3/4 large napa cabbage, cut into 1″ pieces
- 5 Chinese mushrooms, soaked and sliced (save the water for later) (save the stems for soup)
- 1 tbsp goji berries, rinsed and soaked 10min (save the water for later)
- 1 heaping tsp dried shrimp, rinsed and soaked 10min (save the water for later)
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 tsp cooking wine
- Marinade: 2 tsp soy sauce, sprinkle sugar, dash of white pepper –> mix –> 1 tsp cornstarch –> mix
- Thickener: 1 tsp cornstarch, some water
- Marinate the chicken in the marinade for 20min.
- Heat up a lug of oil in a wok and fry 2 slices of ginger briefly. Add in the chicken and fry on medium heat until browned and 90% cooked. Set aside.
- Pour another lug of oil, then put in the ginger and fry briefly. Add in the mushrooms, dried shrimp, and goji berries. Pour in the wine and stir fry until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add in the napa cabbage and mix. Season with salt to taste and mix. Cover and let wilt. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chicken, mix, and cook until done (just separate a piece with your chopsticks to check).
- Pour in the thickener and mix. It is done when it boils again.