Stirfry Beef on Broccoli (牛肉炒西蘭花)
- 2 medium broccoli crowns, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1lb beef flank meat, sliced
- Marinade: 2 rounds soy sauce, sprinkle sugar, dash white pepper, dash sesame oil –> mix –> 1 heaping tsp corn starch –> mix –> enough oil to coat –> mix
- Sauce: 2 tsp corn starch, 2 tbsp water, 1 heaping tbsp oyster sauce –> mix
- Mix the beef with the marinade and set aside for 10min.
- Heat up a pan/wok on high heat and add a lug of oil. When oil is hot, add in the broccoli and stir. Add a dash of salt and some water, mix, and cover, stirring occasionally until soft (~5min). Scoop up into a serving plate.
- Add another lug of oil into the pan. Fry the beef on medium-high heat, spreading them out evenly in the pan (~40sec), flip and fry the other side (~40sec). Add in the sauce and stir until the beef is cooked with some pink left (do not over cook). Scoop up and serve over the broccoli.