Sliced Pacific Cod with Sugar Snap Peas (甜豆魚片)
- 0.5lb Pacific cod filet, sliced (or any other white fish)
- 0.8lb sugar snap peas, fibrous string removed
- 2 king oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 slices ginger
- Sauce: 1 tbsp rice wine, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1/2 tsp salt
- Thickener: 1 heaping tsp cornstarch, some water
- Heat up a lug of oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the cod and sear until 90% done. Give it a pinch of salt. Only turn once or twice, otherwise it will fall apart. Set aside.
- Add another lug of oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add in the peas, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Season with a pinch of salt and stir. Pour in a little water if it looks dry. Cover and stir occasionally until almost cooked through.
- Return the fish, pour in the “sauce”, and stir. Add the thickener when it’s done, give it a stir, and serve when it comes back to a boil.