Chicken Green Curry
Adapted from Christine’s Recipes
- 1lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red yam, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1/4lb green beans
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 big cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 400mL light coconut milk
- Marinade: 2 tsp soy sauce, sprinkle sugar, dash of white pepper, pinch of salt, 1 tsp shao hsing cooking wine –> mix –> 1 tsp cornstarch –> mix
- Marinate the chicken in the marinade for 20min.
- Panfry the chicken on medium heat until browned on all sides and 80% cooked. Set aside.
- Add a lug of oil into the pan and saute the onions until translucent. Create a hole in the middle of the pan and add in the garlic and green curry paste. Mix and fry until the curry becomes fragrant. Mix in the onions and add in the potatoes, yam, and carrots. Stir fry for a minute or two then pour in some water to cook the root vegetables.
- When the vegetables are almost soft, add in the coconut milk, green beans, and chicken. Bring back to a boil then turn down to medium heat to simmer. Mix and cook until everything is cooked. Serve with rice.
- I found that Christine’s recipe doesn’t make quite enough curry sauce to mix with rice (as you can see in my picture) so I’ve increased the amount of curry paste and coconut milk in this recipe.