Simple Red Dates Tea
- 12 red dates, sliced, pits removed
- 1 tsp goji berries (or wolfberries)
- 3 cups water
- In a medium clay pot, add all the ingredients and cover.
- Bring to a boil then a simmer by turning the heat to level 9 for 5min, level 5 for 6min, and lastly level 2 for 20min.
- So… I actually added in 2 slices ginger and a knob of Chinese brown sugar. My hands and feet are always cold in the winter and I tend to be a “cooler” person so I thought ginger is never “bad” for me. However, I talked to my father-in-law (FIL) afterwards who used to be a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner, and he said that red dates and goji berries are already heaty (I assume he thought I boiled the red dates with pit in) so it seems like the ginger wasn’t necessary. I also think the brown sugar wasn’t necessary because the red dates are already quite sweet.
- My mom used to make this for me after my period to replenish my blood, however, make sure you don’t use it to “cure” anemia! It’s not potent enough for that. So I kinda just drink it cuz I like it and it’s healthy. Do not drink more than once a week because of its heaty properties.