Stirfry Chinese Long Beans with Pork and Bamboo Shoots
Here’s another way of using Chinese long beans; you know, to use up the other half of the bundle that you used to make these fried eggs 😉
- 1/2lb lean pork, sliced
- 1/2 bundle Chinese long beans, cut into 2″ long pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 can bamboo shoots, cut lengthwise (I had cut them into disks, but I think lengthwise would be better)
- 1 heaping tsp Chinese bbq sauce (沙茶醬 – Bullhead brand)
- 1/2 tsp XO sauce
- Salt to taste
- Marinade: 1/2 tsp soy sauce, sprinkle sugar, dash of white pepper –> mix –> 1/2 tsp corn starch –> mix –> oil –> mix
- Mix the pork with the marinade and set aside for 10min.
- In a wok over medium-high heat, pan fry the pork on both sides until brown and 90% done. Set aside.
- Saute the onions until translucent, then add in the beans and bamboo shoots with a dash of salt (just a little as the sauces have salt too). Add a little water, stir, cover, and cook until the beans are soft and done (there should still be some bite).
- Add in the sauces and return the pork. Stir until thoroughly mixed.